Parker has a friend named Ashley. Ashley's mom and I work together at Northside. Ashley and Parker have been friends since they were babies. They went to the same daycare....that is until Parker left daycare in May to be home with Daddy. Parker started at a new daycare on Jan 4th. And on the 11th Ashley and her baby sister started there too. The kids couldn't be more excited. They just adore each other. They are in the 3 year old class together and in the fall will be in the same Pre-K class. All last week Parker was telling his teacher that his "girlfriend" was coming on Monday. Miss Ivy and Miss Amy knew all they needed to know about Ashley....and no doubt they knew she was Parker's. So Monday comes and Ashley comes to school. Parker tells Ashley that she is his girlfriend. Apparently this did not sit too well with Ashley. My little Peanut comes home from school and with the saddest face I have seen and tells me that Ashley told him she was not his girlfriend. I kinda just blew it off and said "Yeah Buddy she's your friend its OK" But he was not hearing it. So tonight Ashley's' mom called me to see where Parker was today. He didn't go to daycare because he had a dentist appointment I explained. She then proceeded to tell me Ashley was kinda hesitant to go to school because she didn't see Parker there. Funny I tell her because of the story Parker told me. I told Ashley's mom the story and she begins to laugh. Apparently Ashley's daddy has informed her she is not allowed to date until she is out of high school. Ashley had apparently told Parker that she couldn't be his girlfriend because "They weren't old enough" Ahh to be a 3 year old. Too sweet for words.
No comments:
Post a Comment