Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bed Rest

So I am officially on bed rest...well no work rest to be exact. Went to the MD this morning for my routine appointment. Yesterday was AWFUL....I contracted ALL day and really didn't have a hard assignment, but nonetheless by the time I got home from work I was in tears and pain and done. So I wasn't terribly surprised when I went to my appointment this morning and the MD told me I was 2-3 cm and 70% effaced. I was also not terribly surprised when he said he wasn't so sure I'd make it til December 18th....which was the day we had decided we were going to induce. So no more working for me. So what shall I do while I'm on "vacation?" Well for starters I am going to REST...but I also might do a little baking, read a few books, and wrap my holiday gifts. But today I have done NOTHING, a rarity for a wife and mother.....and you know what? I quite enjoyed it. It is raining, I locked the dogs in their room and I am vegetating in my bed with my trusty friend the heating pad. I think I am going to enjoy this mandatory resting.....anyone who knows me knows that's what it would take to get me to slow down for even 5 minutes anyway :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes please REST and enjoy every minute of it before this little boy arrives! He is in a hurry so watch out :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete